- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat pasta (spaghetti works great)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend the spinach, broccoli, tofu, avocado, and lime juice until smooth.
- Heat up the cooked pasta and add the spinach-avocado sauce. Mix until the pasta is completely covered with the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as is or let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes to enjoy as a chilled dish later.
When we’re in a hurry, pasta is usually our go-to dish—it’s fast, easy, and super-filling. But let’s face it, spicy tomato sauce sounds less and less appealing as the weather gets hotter. That’s why we like to turn to our favorite (and easiest!) fresh pasta sauce in springtime. Seriously, it’s super-fresh and light, and the best part is that it takes no time to make! Try this sauce out and give your pasta dishes a new healthy twist.