Spinach Orzo Salad
- 8 oz. orzo (can be found in the pasta aisle at most grocery stores)
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. tahini sauce (try Trader Joe's brand)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the orzo according to the package instructions. Rinse and drain with cold water to cool quickly.
- Purée half the spinach and half the basil in a food processor or blender with half the olive oil.
- Add in the orzo and the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill before serving.
OK, I know what you’re thinking: “WTF is orzo?!” Orzo is a form of pasta that looks a lot like rice. Why is it awesome? Well for starters, it’s cheap (and a little bit goes a long way). Second, you can mix it with almost anything and end up with something drool-worthy. Enter spinach and orzo salad—this quick pasta salad is packed with flavor. And a little secret: It tastes even better the next day!