- 6 1/2 oz. vegan margarine (try Earth Balance brand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whip the vegan margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the baking powder, followed by the nondairy milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Roll the dough into two logs that have the diameter of a cookie.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a cookie tray with cooking spray.
- Cut each log into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on the cookie tray.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until light brown on the edges.
I really, REALLY love cookies, but I don’t love spending a ton of time making them. This recipe is super-easy, and the dough can be made ahead of time and then sliced and baked into cookies in a flash!