Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup soy milk (or any other nondairy milk)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup vegan cranberry sauce mixed with 2 Tbsp. orange juice, for garnish (optional)
- Chopped walnuts, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix the soy milk, vegetable oil, and mashed sweet potato. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until smooth.
- Lightly coat a skillet with oil. Heat to medium low and drop ¼ cup of the batter onto the heated skillet. Cook until bubbles begin to form on the surface, about 2 minutes, then flip over and cook another 2 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Top your sweet potato pancakes with the cranberry sauce mixture and walnuts.
Let’s face it, the best part of Thanksgiving (along with a break from school) is the leftovers. Aside from being delicious, this pancake recipe is a great way to continue enjoying the flavors of the holidays. Give it a try! P.S. It’s also a great recipe to help you power through a Fur-Free Friday protest, and why not a little shopping as well? 🙂