Tofu Spring Rolls
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly cut
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 6 sheets rice paper
• Drain and press the tofu, then cut into thin rectangular slices. Fry the slices until browned with 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat.
• Immerse the rice wrappers, one at a time, in a bowl filled with warm water and let stand until soft. Spread a towel on a work surface and place each wrapper on the towel.
• To assemble the rolls, place one lettuce leaf on top of the wrapper and arrange a small amount of the vegetables on each, about halfway between the edge nearest you and the center of the wrapper.
• Fold the edge nearest you over the vegetables, then fold in one side and roll up lengthwise into a tight roll.
•Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
•Serve with soy sauce!