Tofu With Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 block firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cubed
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil (vegetable, canola, etc.)
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1. Heat 1 tablespoonful of the cooking oil in a small saucepan and add the ground pepper and crushed red pepper. Let simmer for 1 minute. Add the peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, and soy sauce and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. In a frying pan, sauté the tofu in the remaining cooking oil. Cook until browned on both sides.
3. Drizzle the peanut sauce over the tofu and serve with rice, quinoa, your favorite veggies, or whatever you want!
Looking for a way to kick your tofu game up a notch? Try this simple and delicious Thai peanut sauce, which will add another dimension of flavor to your next tofu dish, whether it’s a plate of your favorite veggies or a pile of protein-packed quinoa. You can even experiment by adding different spices—or try adding Thai curry paste for an extra kick!