BE A PART OF THE PETA2 MOVEMENT
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Servings: 8
- Select your preferred print size and click 'Print Recipe':
- 3"x5" Cards
- 4"x6" Cards
- Full Page
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 10 1/2 oz. silken tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 pkg. microwavable mashed potatoes (I like the Idahoan brand)
- 1 pkg. Tofurky sausages, diced
- Half an onion diced onions, to taste
- 2 Tbs. melted margarine, to taste
- 1 Tbs. vegan sour cream, optional
- Blend the salt, vinegar, tofu, and water until smooth.
- Put the flour in a bowl and add the blended ingredients, stirring until thick.
- Flour your cutting board to prevent sticking. Roll the dough out, then cut into large circles.
- While the dough sits, zap the mashed potatoes along with the Tofurky and some onions. Place a spoonful of this mashed-potato filling mixture in the middle of each circle of dough, then fold one end of the dough over to meet the other, pressing together (like ravioli). Make sure they’re solid before moving forward, adding flour as needed.
- Place the pierogies in a pot of boiling water and cook until they rise to the top. Remove and drain. Top with melted margarine, additional onion bits, and vegan sour cream. If you have extras, you can bag and refrigerate them for a rainy day.