Arroz Con Leche
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (short grain is best)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond, soy, or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 orange peel (for garnish)
• Bring the rice, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and 2 cups of the almond milk to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
• Add the sugar and remaining almond milk. Continue to simmer on medium-low heat and stir until thick, about 8 to 10 more minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let sit for 3 minutes.
• Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve warm. As an option, garnish with orange peel. (You can also refrigerator this dish overnight—it will taste delicious in the morning.)