‘Bacon’ and ‘Cream Cheese’ Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. vegan bacon bits
• Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
• Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off the stems and chop them extremely fine, discarding the tough ends.
• Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and mushroom stems and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool in a small bowl.
• When the garlic mixture has cooled, add the “cream cheese,” pepper, onion powder, and soy bacon bits and stir until blended.
• Fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.