Bagel Burger Bomb
- 1 large potato
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 veggie burger (Try Boca or Gardein brand)
- 1 plain bagel, cut in half lengthwise and toasted
- BBQ sauce, for garnish
- 2 tomato slices
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Scrub the potato in running water using a scrubber brush. Cut two 1/2-inch slices from the center of the potato and sprinkle with the garlic powder and salt. (You can make fries with the remaining potato.)
- Spray a small frying pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the two potato slices until brown and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook the veggie burger according to the package instructions.
- Spread each side of the bagel with BBQ sauce and top with one tomato slice, one potato slice and half the avocado slices. Place the veggie burger on top of one bagel half and close the sandwich.
- Let it detonate in your mouth!
The cool part about summer is that you have a great excuse to eat burgers every day while telling everyone that you’re simply “enjoying the outdoors.” This Bagel Burger Bomb is a fun twist on the grilled classic and is sure to be a hit at your next fiesta!