- 1 Tbsp. dairy-free butter (we used Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken Base, optional
- 1 tsp. Italian-style seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 pkg. vegan chicken strips (we used Beyond Meat Lightly Seasoned Strips)
- 1 pkg. vegan sausage (we used Field Roast Italian Sausage)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Hot sauce, optional
• In a large pot, combine the dairy-free butter, vegetable stock, vegan chicken base (if using), Italian-style seasoning, and ground black pepper. Bring to a boil, then add the rice and reduce the heat to low.
• Chop the vegan chicken and sausage into bite-size pieces.
• In a separate pan, heat the oil and sauté the vegan chicken and sausage until heated all the way through and browned.
• Add to the rice mixture. Cover and continue simmering until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir occasionally until the desired consistency is reached.
• Serve warm. Top with your favorite hot sauce, if desired.