Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Salad Sandwich
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and skinned
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp. of lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread of your choice
- Sandwich toppings (we used lettuce and tomato)
- In a medium bowl, smash the chickpeas and avocado together using a fork or large spoon.
- Add in the cilantro, green onions, and lime juice and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings.
Wondering where vegans get their protein? Answer: this sandwich.