Vegan Coconut Popcorn Shrimp With Piña Colada Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 small roasted, salted seaweed pieces (found in snack packs), ripped into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Mix 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of the coconut milk together in a bowl. Add the cauliflower pieces and mix until well coated.
- In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and seaweed. Roll each piece of cauliflower in the bread crumb mixture until well coated.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook until browned, about 2 minutes for each side.
- To make the piña colada sauce, combine the crushed pineapple and the remaining coconut milk in a serving dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve while cauliflower is hot and top with hot sauce, if using. Enjoy!
Summer always seems to be synonymous with taking trips to the seaside and getting tons of sun, which is why I love this recipe. Make this dish to get all those old sea flavors that you remember—while keeping those cute fishies off your plate!