Vegan Italian Sausages
- 1 vegan Italian sausage (try Tofurky brand)
- 1 hot dog bun, slightly toasted
- 1 tomato, diced, or ketchup, to taste
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- Mustard, to taste
- 1–2 pickle slices, for garnish (optional)
- Broil the vegan sausage in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes on each side. You can also grill it, boil it, or microwave it.
- Place the sausage in the bun and top with the tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and mustard.
- Garnish with the pickle slices and voilà!
When I think about the essentials needed for a perfect summer cookout, a few things cross my mind, including good friends, good times, and great food. And let’s get real, folks: We all know that the food makes the party. To me, nothing says “I’m grillin’ out” like a good old-fashioned sausage on a bun (aka “hot dog,” y’all). I’m not talking about the revolting mechanically separated meat hot dogs. I’m talking about the scrumptious, cruelty-free ones that all the cool kids are eating. Want to be the cool kid at your cookout this summer? Seriously, whip up one of these fantastically delectable dogs for each of your friends, and you’ll have them begging for seconds in no time!