- 1 15.5-oz. can vegan refried beans
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or safflower oil
- 6 large flour tortillas or tostada shells
- 1 8-oz. pouch of enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese (Try GO Veggie! Mexican Style Shreds or Daiya Cheddar and Mozzarella Style Shreds)
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- Heat the refried beans in a small pot.
- While the beans are cooking, heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan and crisp both of the tortillas for about 30 to 40 seconds on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the refried beans from the heat and spread onto one tortilla. Cover with the second tortilla.
- Top with the enchilada sauce (Find this one at your local grocery store!) and shredded vegan cheese. Place in an oven or a microwave and heat until the cheese is melted (don’t overdo it!), then top with the black olives, green onions, and tomatoes.
When I found out that this month’s Recipe of the Week theme was “fast-food faves,” I immediately knew what I was going to whip up: a Taco Bell–inspired Mexican pizza.