Vegan Philly Cheese Steak
- 1–2 tsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup seitan (try West Soy)
- 2 vegan hoagie rolls
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese (try Daiya)
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Jalapeño, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
• Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions and green peppers until soft.
• Remove the veggies from the skillet and, while the skillet is still hot, add the seitan. Sauté over medium heat until crispy brown.
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the hoagies on a baking sheet and fill each with the seitan and the onions and peppers. Top with vegan cheese and cook until melted and hoagies are toasted, about 5 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and top with cilantro, jalapeño, salt, and pepper.