Vegan Pozole Tostadas
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. each nutritional yeast and cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. each garlic powder, black pepper and chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 15-oz. can hominy (aka pozole), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tostadas
- 1/4 cup guacamole (optional)
• Whisk together the vegetable broth, soy sauce, tomato paste, abodo sauce, ketchup, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, garlic powder, black pepper, and chili powder in a small bowl and set aside.
• Heat the oil in a large pan and add the mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers. Cook until heated through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
• Add the hominy to the pan and cook thoroughly.
• Turn the heat to low. Add the broth mixture to the pan and let thicken.
• Spoon half the rice and half the vegetable mixture onto each tostada. Top with guacamole, if desired. Enjoy!