Vegan Chicken Tostadas
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans (the fat-free versions are also vegan)
- 2 vegan chicken patties (try Gardein's Chick'n Scallopini)
- 4 corn tostadas (look in the Hispanic aisle in your grocery store)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. vegan cheese (try Trader Joe's Vegan Mozzarella Style Shreds)
- Salsa, for garnish
- Transfer the refried beans to a microwave-safe bowl. Nuke until completely heated through.
- Cook the vegan chicken patties according to the package directions. Break into small pieces with a fork.
- Spread the beans evenly over the corn tostadas. Top with the lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and vegan chicken. Sprinkle with vegan cheese and garnish with salsa.
Tostadas don’t really know who they are. I mean, are they tacos? No. Are they nachos? No. Are they Mexican pizzas? Nope. The good news is that we only really care that they’re crazy delicious! 🙂 Give these yummy vegan chicken tostadas a try, and experiment with your own fave toppings!