1. DIY Vegan Holiday Ice Cream
Create your own holiday-inspired ice cream by mixing a few ingredients with store-bought vanilla or chocolate vegan ice cream. Make Thanksgiving-themed ice cream by combining 2 cups of vanilla vegan ice cream, 1/4 cup of pumpkin pie filling, and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Or create some frosty Christmas joy by combining 2 cups of chocolate vegan ice cream with 1/4 cup of crushed peppermint candies and 1 teaspoonful of peppermint extract. You’re welcome, world.
2. ‘Dorm-Style’ Mashed Potatoes
No stove? No problem! Just get a frozen bag of steamable potatoes (we recommend Ore-Ida Steam n’ Mash Cut Russet Potatoes) and follow the microwave directions. While they’re still hot, mix in 2 tablespoonfuls of butter and 2/3 cup of almond milk and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and eat them plain or top with vegan gravy. Variations:
- “I’m Single and Not Kissing Anyone Tonight” Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Add 2 teaspoonfuls of garlic powder.
- “I’m a Fancy Mofo” Herbed Mashed Potatoes: Add 1/2 tablespoonful of chopped fresh basil and 1/2 tablespoonful of chopped parsley.
- “I Know What’s Up” Cheesy Mashed Potatoes: Add 1/2 cup of vegan mozzarella shreds.
3. Easy Breezy Vegan Eggnog
If you behaved badly this year and have the misfortune of living in a place where these products are not available, fear not—our EASY vegan eggnog recipe is here to help!
- Blend 1/4 cup of the almond milk with the pudding mix and let stand for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and blend. Sprinkle with nutmeg and enjoy!
4. Take Shortcuts
These are vegan:
5. No-Prep Latkes
Cut and grate 20 potatoes? AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT. Skip the prep work when making deeelicious vegan latkes by using frozen shredded hash browns instead. This super-easy recipe will impress even the pickier family members!
6. Make Your Own PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte)
While you wait for the world’s biggest coffeehouse company to come to its senses and make its PSL vegan, try our four-ingredient DIY version!
- Stir all the ingredients together, then garnish with more pumpkin pie spice.
7. Bisquick—All Day, Err Day
Make mouthwatering Christmas morning pancakes by adding vegan chocolate chips. Oh, and guess what? You don’t even need egg replacer for this pancake mix—it works just as great without it.
8. Master Holiday Baking
9. Don’t Fret Over Gifts!
Have a million friends but zero dollars? Candy canes are vegan and CHEAP! Hey, if they’re good enough for Regina George, they’re good enough for us. Make yours extra sweet by attaching our adorable “Be Sweet to Animals” tags.
10. Vegan Meat Is Your Friend
And there are SO many options to choose from—including vegan turkey, stuffed “cutlets,” vegan ham, lentil roasts, and more! You can find them at your local health-food store and even at some Trader Joe’s and Target stores.
11. Order Chinese?