Americans know that no matter where you are, Denny’s is the spot for late-night hangs or to refuel on a road trip in the middle of nowhere. Diners may not be the first place you think of when you’re seeking plant-based food, but there’s actually a lot of vegan food at Denny’s. Check out the options:
- Toast: Ask for potato, multi-grain wheat, or seven-grain bread, and use jam or jelly instead of butter.
- Regular English muffin: Be sure to avoid the gluten-free one, which has dairy ingredients in it, and use jam or jelly instead of butter.
- Grits or oatmeal: Ask that they be made with water instead of milk.
- Hash browns: Add bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and avocado to make them extra delicious!
- Red-skinned potatoes
Skillets (add tortillas for 99 cents)
Request that your skillet be cooked without butter or margarine.
- Fit Fare Veggie Skillet: Ask for it without egg whites.
- Supreme Skillet: Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- Hearty Breakfast Skillet: Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- Santa Fe Skillet: Ask for it without crumbled chorizo sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- French fries
- Seasoned fries
- Garden salad (with balsamic vinaigrette, French dressing, or Italian dressing)
- Seasonal fruit
- Fresh sautéed zucchini and squash
- Sweet petite corn
Build Your Own Burger (comes with lettuce, tomato, red onions, and pickles)
Choose the brioche or whole wheat bun and the veggie patty (it’s vegan!). To make it a double, order an extra patty for $1.50. Skip the cheese and choose from these toppings: grilled onions, sliced jalapeños, fresh avocado, sautéed mushrooms, barbecue sauce, bourbon sauce, ketchup, and mustard.
So there you have it. The next time your stomach is rumbling at 1 a.m., go find that warm glow of the familiar yellow sign and feast on all that tasty vegan food at Denny’s!