No Stove. No Oven. No Problem! Make ALL These Vegan Recipes With Just a Microwave
If you’re in college or you live in a studio apartment with no oven or frying pan in sight—or even if you’re simply feeling lazy and looking for a quick food fix—we’ve got you covered! Order PETA’s Vegan College Cookbook and you’ll have tasty, budget-friendly, microwavable vegan recipes in the palm of your hand.
Check out some of the tantalizing things you can make:
Butt-Ugly Sticky Buns
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 8-oz. can vegan refrigerated biscuits
- Combine the brown sugar, vegan margarine, and water in an 8-inch round microwave-safe dish.
- Nuke in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until the margarine melts. Stir the mixture and spread it evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts (if using) and place the biscuits on top.
- Nuke in the microwave for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the biscuits are firm and no longer doughy.
- Let stand for 2 minutes. Dump the buns out upside down onto a plate.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 12-oz. bag vegan beefy crumbles
- 1 14-oz. jar pizza sauce
- 1 bag mini-bagels, halved and toasted
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- Put the vegan crumbles in a microwave-safe bowl and nuke in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or until warm.
- Stir in the pizza sauce and place a spoonful of the mixture on each of the half-bagels.
- Top with the vegan cheese and nuke in the microwave for 1 minute, or until the “cheese” is melted.
Makes 6 servings
‘Pimp My Ramen’ Noodles
- 1 pkg. vegan ramen noodles
- 1 heaping Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 handful bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. crushed peanuts (optional)
- Crush the ramen noodles and place in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with water and stir in the seasoning packet. Nuke in the microwave for 4 minutes and then drain.
- Stir in the peanut butter and Sriracha.
- Top with bean sprouts and crushed peanuts, if desired.
Makes 1 serving
PBR Crispy Treats
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- Grease a 9-inch-by-13-inch pan with vegetable oil.
- Mix the corn syrup, peanut butter, and sugar together in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Stir in the cereal. Spread evenly in the pan and chill until firm.
- Cut into 12 squares. Enjoy!
Makes 12 servings
Get 271 More Easy Vegan Recipes!
These four recipes are just a sneak peek at what’s included in PETA’s Vegan College Cookbook. When you order this super-affordable book, you’ll get 275 easy, cheap, and delicious recipes that require little to no cooking—like these tasty AF deviled potatoes:
PETA’s Vegan College Cookbook also contains great insider tips and info, including all this:
- Tons of options for replacing meat, eggs, and dairy
- How to stock your kitchen and mini-fridge
- How to make vegan sandwiches, salads, soups, and sauces
- The best recipes for vegan drinks, dips, and dressings
- Luscious egg- and dairy-free dessert recipes