peta2 Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
The peta2 Rewards Program (the “Program”) generally allows eligible users to earn, accumulate, and redeem points (“Points”) for select merchandise available through the Program (“Merchandise”). Your enrollment and participation in and use of (collectively “use”) the Program is governed by these terms and conditions (“Terms”). If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Program.
1. You must be between 13 and 24 years old and a resident of the U.S. or Canada in order to use the Program, and if you are under 18 or the age of majority in your state or territory, your parent or guardian must read and agree to these Terms before you use the Program.
2. You may earn Points in the Program by engaging in actions specified by PETA, which may include but are not limited to completing online and offline actions, submitting forms, referring friends to the Program, participating in surveys, and engaging with PETA. Points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash or any other currency. The accumulation of Points does not entitle you to any vested rights, and PETA does not guarantee the continued availability of any Points, the Program, or Merchandise. You may have only one account associated with the Program. Points cannot be assigned, exchanged, traded, bartered, purchased, or given by gift or otherwise sold or transferred, and any Points so acquired will be void. PETA may change the number of Points provided for each action, the time frame in which you can engage in an action or accumulate Points, and the available Merchandise for any or no reason without notice. If the Merchandise you want is or becomes unavailable for any reason upon or after your redemption of Points, PETA in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute similar Merchandise for it. You may not request substitutions of Merchandise. You are solely responsible for any and all taxes, fees, or other costs that may be associated with your redemption of Points for Merchandise. PETA and other PETA-named entities are authorized to use your name for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to promoting the Program. PETA may require you to execute an affidavit of eligibility and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of Merchandise. You shall comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations relating to your use of the Program.
3. If PETA determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that you have failed to comply with any of these Terms or made any misrepresentation to PETA in connection with the Program, PETA may take any action it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, suspending your Program account, revoking any or all Points you have accumulated, and/or revoking your use of the Program, in each case with or without advanced notice to you and without liability to PETA.
4. PETA reserves the right to change these Terms, terminate any action, and terminate the Program at any time. Please check these Terms on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the Program after changes are posted will mean that you accept the Terms as modified. Discontinue use of the Program and e-mail peta2 at [email protected] to close your Program account if you do not agree to the modified Terms.
6. PETA makes no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding the Program and hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, including any implied representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PETA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, or other damages, even if PETA has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss, arising or resulting from or in any way related to your use of the Program.
7. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless PETA and its directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), judgments, or penalties of any kind or nature whatsoever arising from your use of the Program, including, without limitation, any claims arising from your receipt and use of any Merchandise.
8. The availability of any Merchandise in the Program does not indicate or suggest that any person, company, or brand connected with the design, production, or marketing of the Merchandise approves of or is associated with PETA or the Program.
9. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Program is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.