Leafleting is a super-easy and fun way to speak up for animals, and to make it even easier, we’re giving you five simple steps to help make your time spent leafleting a success wherever you do it.
- E-mail peta2 to get started! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which campaign or issue you’re interested in, and we’ll send you free leaflets, stickers, and petitions! Keep it simple by sticking to one or two campaigns at a time, and be sure to read up on the issue(s) so that you’re prepared to answer any general questions that folks may have for you.
- Pick a location. If you’re leafleting about McCruelty, head over to a McDonald’s near you. If you’re leafleting about fur, pick a store or shopping center that sells it. If you can’t make it to a restaurant or shopping center, you can always leaflet at school. Timing is everything, so remember to choose the day and time when you’ll reach the most people. (For example, you don’t want to pass out leaflets at school on a Saturday since no one will be there. Catch our drift?
- Bring a friend or family member (if you can). Grab your leaflets and get to it! You’ll really only need to leaflet for about 30 minutes, so don’t stand out there all day if no one is passing by. Remember that you should always stand on a public sidewalk and never block any entrances or roads.
- Follow the basics. Don’t be afraid! Hold your hand out and say, “Hey there! Did you get one of these yet?” or “Hi! How are you?” or “Hey! Here’s some information on helping animals.” Remember: Always smile, even if someone is rude and doesn’t take your leaflet. Chances are, that person will probably process everything that you said later. Like we said before, remember to study the issue(s). If someone asks you a question that you don’t know the answer to, just give him or her your e-mail address so that you can answer the question later on. If you don’t feel comfortable with that, you can always ask him or her to e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Tell us how it went! Submit a picture of yourself leafleting along with some quick deets for 750 points by clicking “Get Points!” above.
Be sure to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions at all.