Have You Seen MFA's New Investigation Yet?
If not, please “think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.”
The footage that the Mercy for Animals (MFA) investigator captured is strikingly similar to what we uncovered less than six months ago at a Land O’Lakes dairy farm and provides even more evidence that animals who are exploited for their milk suffer through sickening amounts of cruelty and neglect.
MFA’s investigation revealed:
- Cows were living in extremely crowded sheds on manure-coated concrete floors and suffered from bloody open wounds, swollen joints, prolapsed uteruses, and pus-filled infections.
- “Downed” cows languished for weeks before dying or being killed.
- Workers beat, kicked, and electric-shocked cows and calves.
- A worker restrained calves by shoving his fingers into the babies’ eyes as their horns were burned off. These same calves also suffered through painful tail-docking. Both mutilations are done without any anesthetic.
- Workers dragged newborn calves by their legs away from their distressed mothers.