Aside from rolling around on catnip sprinkled on the floor and hiding in cardboard boxes, my kitties love one of my all-time fave DIY cat toys.
These toys take about five minutes to make and are very inexpensive, so no bad feelings when they get shredded to bits. 😉
Baby socks (newborn socks work best)
Small jingle bells (available at most craft or fabric stores)
A needle and some upholstery thread or adhesive Velcro
- Stuff half the baby sock with polyester stuffing and catnip.
- Place a bell in the sock.
- Stuff the other half of the sock with polyester stuffing and catnip.
- Sew the sock shut using upholstery thread, and make sure that when you tie off the thread, you a have a nice sturdy knot that won’t come undone.
- Give to your cats and watch them roll around like crazy and play with their new present.