How To: Make Your Own Protest Poster!
peta2 can send you posters for free for most of our campaigns (just e-mail us at [email protected]), but there are times when you’ll need a poster quickly and there won’t be enough time for us to mail you one! There also may be times when something is going on in your area that peta2 doesn’t have a poster for, and in these cases, you’ll want to make your own.
Here are some tips:
- Get a fresh piece of poster board. You want your poster to be neat, clean, and easy to read.
- It’s a good idea to write on only one side of the sign unless your poster board is very thick.
- Plan what you want the poster to say before you start writing—and make it short and to the point. “Chickens Scalded to Death for McNuggets,” “Fur Is Dead,” and “Go Green: Eat Vegan” are three examples of good slogans for signs.
- Be sure to spell everything correctly on your sign.
- Use dark-colored markers so that your signs can be seen!
Here are a few examples:
Have you ever made your own sign? Tell us about it in the comments section!