Kids In Glass Houses, Iain's Fave Recipe!
Today’s blog features guest blogger, peta2 UK’s Violet...
Just like the rest of you, peta2 UK just can’t get enough of Kids In Glass Houses! Our friend Iain, one of KIGH’s guitarists, is a peta2 UK supporter and even though the band are super busy promoting their new single “Saturday” out August 11th, Iain shared one of his specialty vegan recipes with us! Iain, it’s over to you:
“I’m a big fan of Oriental food and I am craving tofu right now so I would have to say that one of my favorite meals is deep fried tofu.”
Iain’s Deep Fried Tofu Recipe
- Just drain some tofu and wrap it with paper towels or a clean tea towel and gently squeeze some of the excess juice out.
- Mix some soy sauce, maple syrup, and chopped chilies and ginger in a pan and heat gently and then turn off the heat.
- Now take the tofu and cut it into the size chunks you want, and dust the tofu with potato starch.
- Then deep-fry the tofu for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Pour the sauce over the deep fried tofu and there you go.
“Easy. Or you can order in/eat out. You can’t beat a good bento box!”
Thanks, Iain! Now while you’re on stage one of the recipe, tofu pressing – v. important! – check out KIGH’s new video here! It’s well worth a watch!
Remember to check out Iain and the guys on the road in October, and they’ll be at Rip Curl Boardmasters where peta2 UK’s Martin will be tabling! Remember to go over, say hi and sign the Woof petition! If you wanted you could even bring him Iain’s deep fried tofu! But don’t. He really doesn’t deserve it.