Pig Bones in Your Candy?!
Posted October 26, 2012 by Annie Leal
Before you put on your Halloween costume (any other Honey Boo Boos out there this year?) and run to the store to stock up on your favorite candy, there’s something you need to know—some candy contains animal bones! I know what you’re thinking: “Bones?” Yes, bones! And I’m not talking about fake, spooky, decorative bones—I’m talking about gelatin.
Gelatin is obtained by boiling the skin, tendons, ligaments, and bones of animals—usually dead cows or pigs—with water. Talk about a scary Halloween!
The good news is that you can still satisfy your sweet tooth without chewing on some pig bones. In fact, you can find vegan candy at every grocery store! Check out our Guide to Vegan Grocery Shopping for some yummy options.
What’s your favorite vegan candy?
- Comments (4)
- What The Year of the Monkey Means for the Future
- 11 Bible Verses All Christians Should Read
- Man Arrested for Hurling Alligator Into Wendy's Drive-Through
- Are You on the Right Side of History?
- 9 Tweets That’ll Make You Ditch Dairy Foods
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!