Recipe of the Week: Butternut Squashta!
When Rachel told me that this month’s Recipe of the Week theme is squash, I honestly had no clue what to make. Generally, what I think of this time of year is the nice warm cup of hot chocolate that I’ll be holding in my hands once the temperature drops—so thinking of something else to make was a bit of a challenge. When you’re in a pinch and need a meal, what’s always there for you? If you’re thinking what I’m thinking, you’re thinking of pasta. Thus, I present to you Butternut Squashta!
1/4-1/2 lb. pasta (I used penne)
2 Tbsp. vegan butter
1/4 cup raw pecans
1/2 cup cubed butternut squash
Dash olive oil
1-2 small handfuls Daiya’s Mozzarella Style Shreds
1-2 pinches parsley flakes
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a medium-size skillet over medium-low heat. Add the vegan butter and warm for about 3 minutes.
- Add the pecans and gently stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the squash and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add the dash of oil.
- Place the pasta on plates and add some Daiya cheese to each serving. Sprinkle the parsley flakes on top to make things pretty.
- Add the squash and pecans to the center of each serving.
Take a picture for your friends—then dig in!
Makes 1 to 2 servings