16 Signs You're a Vegan Latino
1. You fix your tablas every time you play Lotería.
Much, much better.
2. You have conflicting feelings about hitting the donkey-shaped piñata at your cousin’s birthday party.
People for the Ethical Treatment of … piñatas?
3. Vegan mayo is great, but it has nothing on your family’s guacamole recipe.
Oh, and don’t even bring up prepackaged guacamole. Just walk away.
4. You’ve never had a problem getting your daily serving of fruits and vegetables, thanks to TAJÍN.
Also known as the best seasoning you will ever try, it’s a mix of chili peppers, sea salt, and lime—and it’s PERFECT over everything.
5. People think you eat this:
6. When really you eat THIS:
C’mon, Latinos are the kings of spice. Do you really think that we’re going to settle for a boring salad?! Pfff, please.
7. People constantly say, “So, you eat a lot of green stuff?”
HA—yes, if you count cilantro! Seriously, it’s in like, every meal.
8. You kind of had a heart attack when Ricky Martin tweeted about going vegetarian.
Oh, was that just me? Oops #MarryMeRicky.
9. You have no trouble finding vegan candies that you love because, hello, these are all vegan:
And you can probably eat about 20 of the really spicy ones without getting a stomach ache. Now that’s impressive.
10. When you meet another vegan Latino …
He or she automatically becomes family.
11. You’ve mastered making any street food vegan.
Tacos, burritos, elotes (corn), spicy fruit, and even ice cream!
12. You carry a couple of these in your purse or backpack:
13. You know that nothing beats this recipe:
Who needs potato chip dips made with boob milk when you can have this life-changing combination instead?!
14. You’ve shared the Spanish version of “Glass Walls” with everyone you know!
15. You know that this is totally true:
16. You’re absolutely fearless, and nothing will stop you from speaking up for animals!
Here’s to all the awesome vegan Latinos out there! Let’s stay brave, loud, and luchones for animals!