The Wonderful World of Tempeh
Posted October 20, 2010 by peta2 staff
Question: So what is tempeh?
Answer: Fermented soybean cakes … may sound funky, but it’s delish!
paPisc /CC by 2.0
Reasons to fall in love with tasty tempeh:
- It’s loaded with protein, fiber and vitamins
- It has a firm texture
- It’s easy to digest (aka won’t make you farty)
- It absorbs flavors easily
You can buy tempeh online, at most health food stores, and well-stocked grocery stores—give it a try! All these fun meat substitutes make veganism hella fun and easy peasy.
How do you like your tempeh?
- Comments (5)
- People RAPING Animals?!
- Ontario Bans the Sale and Breeding of Orcas
- Why Are These People Screaming?
- The Mental Disorder That is Harming Animals
- New Hope for the Loneliest Whale
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!
As a kid, I was and am still curious about the great big world we live in, and I thought nothing of animal abuse. But for some or no completely good reasons, I was getting sicker and weaker. Then one day I heard about PETA while I was on the internet. I got a little curious, and I went veg after finding out meat was one of the reasons I was sicker. Right now, I'm still trying to give up meat for my health. But I'm getting there!