The Wonderful World of Tempeh
Posted October 20, 2010 by peta2 staff
Question: So what is tempeh?
Answer: Fermented soybean cakes … may sound funky, but it’s delish!
paPisc /CC by 2.0
Reasons to fall in love with tasty tempeh:
- It’s loaded with protein, fiber and vitamins
- It has a firm texture
- It’s easy to digest (aka won’t make you farty)
- It absorbs flavors easily
You can buy tempeh online, at most health food stores, and well-stocked grocery stores—give it a try! All these fun meat substitutes make veganism hella fun and easy peasy.
How do you like your tempeh?
- Comments (5)
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Vet Visits Third SeaWorld Location, Finds Even MORE Suffering
- What This Veterinarian Found at SeaWorld San Antonio
- ICYMI: Why the Birkin Bag May Be Renamed
- GRAPHIC: This Dog DIED Because He Wasn't Groomed
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!