Animal Bullies Stand Aside: 10-year-old Saves Cat
Posted March 26, 2013 by Annie Leal
Bullying is horrible, and it doesn’t only happen to humans—animals are being bullied, too. That’s why we need to be louder and more fearless than ever when it comes to speaking up for animals!
We could all learn a thing or two about finding our voice for animals from 10-year-old Wendell Overton. He took a stand against bullying when he saw a group of boys torturing a cat named Jackson. He rescued Jackson and took him home to his mother, who called the local animal shelter. Thanks to Wendell’s courage, Jackson is doing great and will be available for adoption soon! And Wendell will receive a Compassionate Kid Award from PETA Kids for being a total hero for animals!
Check out how Jackson is doing:
Guess what! YOU can also speak out against bullying! Print our poster asking people to report cruelty to animals when they see it, and post it in your locker or hand them out to your friends. And remember: Never, ever be silent!
- Comments (4)
- Why SeaWorld's Tanks Can NEVER Be Enough
- Four Reasons to Stop What You're Doing and Watch 'Once Upon a Time'
- How This Selfie Might Change Everything For Animals
- Why Steel-Jaw Traps Belong in Horror Movies
- How Circus Training and Abuse Killed These Baby Elephants
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!