They said it would never be done. They said, it’s just too much. Too delicious. Too powerful. It would surely signal the downfall of the modern flesh burger industry. And you know what? They might have been on to something.
“The 5-Layer Taco Burger” Replace:
- Beef patty with a veggie burger (I like Amy’s brand)
- Cheese with vegan cheddar (Daiya is delicious—I also like Tofutti and smoked cheddar Sheese, grated)
- Sour cream with Sour Supreme
Frozen roasted potatoes
Canned refried beans
Corn (canned or fresh)
- In a skillet, grill your burger over medium heat, covering it in taco seasoning until cooked through. In a separate pan, heat up the frozen potatoes, sautéing in oil until light brown.
- Microwave the refried beans for a couple of minutes, or until hot.
- Begin stacking, using tortillas to separate your layers (cut to the size of the bun). Here’s the order, from bottom to top:
- Guacamole/Sour Supreme
Makes 1 really effin’ satisfying serving