So, we have kind of big news: Because Gen Z is the largest age group in the world and the generation that will lead the charge for animal rights, peta2 is droppin’ the “2” and becoming one with PETA! For over 16 years, peta2 has had a separate online presence with our own website and our own social media pages (pre-Myspace, seriously)—but the world is changing, and so are we. (Don’t worry, though—you’re coming with!)
We’re still working with all your favorite bands, celebs, and influencers. And we’re still creating ways for students to take action for animals at school and beyond, sending you awesome animal rights stickers, helping you with school projects, and more. We’re just doing it as PETA now. 🙂
What This Means for You
- peta2.com still exists for the time being—but we’re moving our popular content over to PETA.org/students, and that’s where resources, missions, and more will be found.
- peta2’s Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and YouTube pages will slowly get less active in the coming weeks. You’ll be able to find our animal rights memes (v important), Q&As, investigation videos, and tons of other content on PETA’s social media pages, so add PETA on Instagram (@peta), Snapchat (@officialpeta), and YouTube.
- Need a “Guide to Going Vegan” or a pack of stickers to hand out to your friends? You’ve got it! All the stickers and packs you know and love will have the PETA logo on them, but they’ll still be made for students—and they’ll still be free.
- Want to hold a protest outside a Forever 21 store? Want your science teacher to stop trying to bully you into dissecting? We’ve got you. Instead of e-mailing [email protected] for help, e-mail us at [email protected].
- If you get peta2 text messages, you’ll continue to get ones from PETA with easy and seriously fast ways to take action for animals. For example, if you currently get our “Reply X” texts, you’ll start to get “Reply Y” messages instead, which will work the same way. Plus, you’ll still be able to respond, ask questions, and get help.
- If you’re involved in Students United for Animal Rights or our Campus Rep or Concert Rep programs, no worries—nothing much will change except for the logo on the materials we send you.
Want to make sure you don’t miss any protests, updates, or campaigns? Sign up for PETA’s Action Team!
That’s it! Have any questions? E-mail us at [email protected].