Contrary to what some might believe, vegans don’t hold ritual veggie burger sacrifices in their kitchens or annual dread-weaving parties at home (or at least, I seriously hope not). We do, however, tend to have some compassionate quirks in common when it comes to our living spaces!
Check out these surefire signs below to see if you have entered a true vegan’s domain:
1. Tofu was on sale, so your friend stocked up like it was the motherf*cking Apocalypse.
2. Tom’s products bless every bathroom like holy water.
3. Scary animal rights art on the walls is used to ward off animal abusers! (Perhaps it’s best to warn the casual visitor before entering, though.)
4. Going to the bathroom has become a spectator sport.
5. The shelves showcase vegan cooking DVDs up the wazoo. Because if anything is going to rival those Jane Austen adaptations and Bravo DVD sets, it’s gonna be vegan food.
6. Animal rights books decorate the coffee table as if to say, “I’m a compassionate, well-read person, AND I still haven’t bought a bookshelf.”
7. Cat-hair tumbleweeds. (Or dog hair, depending on your animal companion.)
9. Someone walks in carrying a bag of McCruelty, and everyone else in the room has this reaction:
10. Taco Bell salsa packets are the condiment of choice at any meal gathering. Hey, they’re a lot freer than the traditional salsa.
11. There’s always a bag of Oreos on the shelf— which leads to the inevitable battle of “WHY DID I BUY THIS AT THE STORE? IT CAN ONLY BE EATEN IF I BUY IT.”
12. Relationship status: cruelty-free body pillow
OK, maybe that last one was just me…
Did we leave out any vegan signs? Let us know in the comments below! 🙂