- 1/2 tsp. safflower oil
- 4 strips tempeh bacon (try Tofurky brand)
- 1/2 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise (try Vegenaise brand)
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 handful romaine lettuce, chopped
- Coat a pan with the oil and cook the tempeh strips on medium-high heat until each side is warm and browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Spread the vegan mayonnaise on one slice of the whole-wheat bread, then top with the tempeh bacon, tomato, lettuce, and remaining bread slice.
If you’re sick of your bacon-loving friends getting all up in your face, this recipe will do the trick to convince them that you can be vegan and still get the tastes you crave—without hurting pigs. Plus, this dish is simple and cheap to make, and it takes less than 10 minutes from pan to plate! To fancy this sandwich up, you can add spinach or avocado.