- 1/2 cup rice
- 3 sheets nori (seaweed)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce (for dipping)
- Boil 2 cups of water and then stir in 1 cup of rice. Put a lid on the pot and let it all simmer for about 20 minutes.
- After the rice is done, let it cool for a couple of minutes and then start laying some out on the nori.
- Use a spoon and level out a thin layer of rice over the nori sheet and then add the desired amount of avocado and carrots to the middle of the nori sheet with rice.
- Place your thumbs on the back of the nori sheet and start rolling away from you. Repeat until all you’ve used up your rice and veggies.
- After you finish all of that, let the sushi sit for about 5 minutes before you start cutting.
- When you’re ready to cut, make sure you use a sharp knife (please be careful) and rinse it off with water before you cut. Using a wet knife helps with making clean cuts.