Banana Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flower (you can make your own by blending up oats in your blender)
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup dried fruit and nuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl, combine the rolled oats, oat flour, flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the applesauce, peanut or almond butter, agave nectar or maple syrup, bananas, and dried fruit and nuts, if using, and stir. The batter will look a little dry, but just keep stirring gently until all the ingredients are evenly mixed together.
- Pour into a pan and press down evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into bars.