- 1/4 cup diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 cup ground cornmeal
- 1/4 cup cooked kidney beans, warmed
- 1/4 cup guacamole (we used store-bought!)
- 1/4 cup sprouts (we ♥ sunflower sprouts)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Pepper, to taste
• Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
• Add the water and 1/2 teaspoonful of salt to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the ground cornmeal and reduce the heat to low . Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, cover, and set aside for a few minutes to cool.
• Fill a large cup with the cornmeal, kidney beans, sweet potatoes, and sprouts, then top with the salsa and season with salt and pepper. Be creative—the order doesn’t matter. : )