Butternut Squash Enchiladas
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 corn tortillas
- 1 cup vegan enchilada sauce (Trader Joe's makes a good one)
- Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), avocado, and olives, for garnish (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a medium bowl, toss the butternut squash with the olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. Add to the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the black beans.
• Decrease the oven temperature to 350°F.
• Lay the tortillas on a work surface and add 2/3 cup of the mixture to the center of each. Roll them up and place side-by-side, with the creases facing down, in a rimmed baking dish.
• Pour the vegan enchilada sauce over the wrapped tortillas and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
• Top with pepitas, avocado, and olives. Enjoy!
Makes 5 servings