- 1 14-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 handfuls tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Drain the tofu until all water is removed. You can put it between paper napkins and put something heavy on top to drain it well. Crumble the tofu in a large bowl and mix it with the onion and salt.
- Heat the salsa in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- When serving the chilaquiles, put the tortilla chips in a deep bowl, add the tofu mix on top and then toss with the sauce (it’s important to put the tofu over the tortilla chips before the sauce, so that they absorb the flavor and the chips remain crunchy).
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro and the avocado.
Note: Adapted from a recipe by piloncilloyvainilla.com