Easy Game-Day Potato Skins
- 6 potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 8 oz. shredded vegan cheddar cheese (try Daiya brand)
- 1/8 cup soy bacon bits (try Bac-Os)
- 4 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
- Soy sour cream (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork and microwave on high until soft, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and cut in half vertically. Scoop out the inside, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- Heat the oil to 365°F in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Fry the potato shells for 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Fill the potato shells with the “cheese” and soy bacon bits. Arrange on the prepared baking pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the “cheese” has melted.
- Top with the sliced scallions and the soy sour cream, if desired.
Whether you like football or not, everyone knows that the best thing about the Super Bowl is the FOOD! Potato dishes are always crowd pleasers so what better way to celebrate then with these amazing baked potato skins? This is a super easy recipe that only takes 5 ingredients so be sure to give ‘em a shot this game day!