Pesto Tofu Wraps
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup almonds, walnuts, or pine nuts
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5–7 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- dash Salt and pepper
- 8 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut up into cubes
- 2-3 whole grain tortillas, depending on size
- 1 handful lettuce
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. hummus
- Combine the basil, olive oil, almonds, garlic, nutritional yeast, water, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until the consistency is almost like that of a dip—not too thin but not super-thick. Be sure to taste and adjust as needed.
- Combine the pesto and tofu in a large bowl, then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Spread a portion of the mixture on each tortilla and top with the lettuce, a slice of tomato, and a dollop of hummus.
- Roll up and eat!