Classic Potato Pancakes (Latkes)
- 3 lbs. baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- Egg Replacer equivalent of 2 eggs (such as Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 Tbsp. unbleached flour
- Oil for frying
• Grate the potatoes and squeeze out the moisture. In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with all the remaining ingredients, except the oil.
• Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet. Place 3 Tbsp. of the mixture into the skillet for each latke. Use a spatula to flatten the mixture to form the latke. Fry over medium heat about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot with apple sauce or soy sour cream.