Red Pozole Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 small jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 15-oz. can white hominy, drained
- 1 15-oz. can vegan red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, heat the oil. Add the garlic, onion, mushrooms, and optional jalapeño. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions and mushrooms have softened. Add the cumin and oregano and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the hominy, enchilada sauce and vegetable stock. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper.