Spicy Black Bean Polenta Stacks
- 1 roll pre-cooked polenta (try Trader Joe's or Whole Foods brands or make your own)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can refried black beans
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 avocado, pit, peeled, and sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup salsa
1. Cut the polenta into medium-thick slices, creating 4 to 5 pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan, then carefully place the polenta pieces in the pan and let sizzle on medium heat until browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
3. Warm up the refried beans in a pan.
4. Top the polenta with the warmed beans, green chiles, avocado, tomatoes, and salsa. If you want to get fancy, add some cilantro-avocado “cream” sauce