Spicy Soy Chorizo and Avocado ‘Quesadillas’
- Oil, for cooking (we used olive oil)
- 6 oz. soy chorizo (try Trader Joe's or El Burrito brand)
- 3 large flour tortillas (we used Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese (we used Daiya Pepperjack Style Shreds)
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1–2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- Vegan sour cream, for dipping (try Follow Your Heart or Tofutti brand)
• Coat a large pan lightly with cooking oil. Squeeze half the soy chorizo into the pan and cook on high heat for 4 minutes, turning as needed.
• Coat a second large pan lightly with cooking oil and heat over low heat. Place 1 of the tortillas in the pan and cover half with some of the vegan cheese, soy chorizo, jalapeños, and avocado. Fold the other half over to close and cook, flipping as needed, until the tortilla is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
• Sprinkle the chili powder and paprika over the “quesadillas,” then cut into wedges.
• Serve with vegan sour cream.