Spicy Tempeh Taco Salad
- 4 oz. tempeh, cubed and halved (try Lightlife brand)
- 4 Tbsp. hot salsa
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 1–2 Tbsp. vegan sour cream (try Tofutti brand)
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 2 tostada bowls
- Vegan cheese shreds, for garnish (optional) (try Daiya brand)
- Cook the tempeh and salsa in a frying pan until the tempeh is browned on all sides.
- Heat the black beans on the stove or in the microwave and set aside.
- Combine the vegan sour cream and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Layer the black beans, tempeh mixture, avocado, lettuce, and jalapeño slices in the tostada bowls and top with the vegan sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with vegan cheese shreds.
It’s no big secret that here at peta2, we love us some spicy foods. We’re also pretty big fans of any and all things taco-related, so it should really come as no surprise that this spicy tempeh taco salad is one of our faves! (P.S. Tempeh is made from soybeans, has a chewy texture, and is often mixed with grains and/or rice.)
If the salsa-infused tempeh and jalapeño don’t quite meet your spice-aholic needs,you can top this dish off with a splash of Sriracha (and prepare for a taste explosion in your mouth). ¡Provecho!