Chocolate-Dipped Holiday Cookies
- 1 cup vegan buttery spread (try Earth Balance brand)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 drops peppermint extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 cup melted vegan chocolate chips (try Trader Joe's or Enjoy Life brand!) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegan buttery spread and sugars. Add the applesauce and mix well, then beat in the vanilla and peppermint.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add one cup at a time to the sugar mixture, then stir in the crushed candy canes.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoonfuls of the dough at a time onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Place on wire racks to cool.
- Dip in melted chocolate and top with crushed candy canes, if desired.
Hungry? Sign up to have FREE weekly vegan recipes sent straight to your inbox!