Vegan Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
- 1 jalapeño, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tsp. vegan margarine
- 1 Tbsp. vegan cream cheese spread (try Daiya or Go Veggie!)
- 1 tsp. 1 tsp. panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the jalapeño in a baking dish and roast for 15 minutes.
- Spread the vegan margarine on one side of each bread slice, then spread the vegan cream cheese on the opposite side. Top with the vegan cheese shreds and place on a heated frying pan.
- Allow the vegan cheese to melt slightly, then push the jalapeño slices into the melted vegan cheese. Sprinkle one bread slice with bread crumbs, then top with the other bread slice, vegan cheese side down.
- Rotate as needed until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
Looking for a spicy take on a classic? Look no further!